VCD Landesverband Baden-Württemberg e.V.: The VCD moves people – ecologically and safely!
Welcome to the site of the VCD in the southern German state of Baden-Württemberg. The VCD is an association for sustainable mobility and a major German transport and environmental organisation. The regional association in Baden-Württemberg has about 12000 members and supporters with a headquarters in Stuttgart.
The VCD stands up for...
...environmentally friendly mobility, more public transport, more cycling, more walking and better traffic safety.
- more buses and trains
- better service in public transport, in particular more passenger rights
- better conditions for cycling, e. g. more bike lanes
- better climate and environmental protection
- better and cleaner cars, buses and motorcycles
- less traffic noise
- less toxic emissions
- more space for children on the pavement
- more safety for children on their way to school
- more education on sustainable mobility
- no road casualties – realisation of »Vision Zero«
The VCD offers its members
- advice on all issues concerning transportation worldwide, e. g. technical advice/counselling on environmentally friendly cars and travel information
- the »fairkehr« – a bimonthly magazine on new developments in sustainable transport
- assistance – help and support in cases of emergency in Europe and some neighbouring states – e. g. advice and information on car rentals and garages, train connections, doctors, interpreters
- ecological automobile insurances – the only one in Germany whose fee is directly related to C02-emission
- breakdown assistance – in Germany and abroad
- foreign health and travel cancellation insurance
- ecological old-age pensions and eco-funds
VCD-members in Baden-Württemberg can get also
- a discount on annual ticket for the VVS (Transport and Tariff Association in the area of Stuttgart)